Friday, January 13, 2012

That's One Way To Start A New Year

You know, nothing quite says "Happy New Year!" like a 10:30 p.m. message on your answering machine from your Primary chorister saying that she forgot to mention she won't be making it to church at 9:00 a.m.  It was way too late at night for me to call anyone for help, and I like music anyway, so I just did it.  Oh, but I was also doing sharing time.  It was a little Sister-Gee-overkill for the primary kids to start off the New Year.  Plus, our bishop called a training meeting with the new Primary Presidency at 8:00 a.m.  I had to have all the kids ready for church (you know, the ones who stayed up way past their bedtime the night before) before I left.  It was one wild Sunday.  On top of the first-Sunday-of-the-year chaos of trying to get all the kids and teachers to their new classes, our Primary President was speaking in Sacrament meeting, so she was super-stressed out.  The rest of us tried to help as much as we could.  After church, David took the girls on a long walk while the boys and I took a huge nap.  I needed it!  I love my new calling.  The women I work with are so great and being with the kids is a total blast, but I'm still waiting for things to settle down and feel natural.

No comments:

Post a Comment