Alison went on Trek in June. This was our family's first experience EVER with Trek. Neither David nor I went as teens. We didn't know what we were doing and I fretted a LOT - both about how to get her sufficiently prepared and about how she was doing while she was away.
It turned out I didn't really have to worry. She had a wonderful time. Due to the fact that they weren't allowed to bring phones, I have NO pictures at all. I have asked a couple of leaders to send me some of theirs, but I don't want to hold up the rest of my family history while I wait for them, so I guess we'll just have to act like pioneers and use our imaginations.
Alison said she worked hard, she learned a lot, she had some great spiritual experiences, she endured a lot of cheesy crap, and she made a ton of memories.
This is in the parking lot when we went to pick her up. Can you find her? It's a little bit like Where's Waldo. She is in silver sunglasses.
Hugging her tight when we got her back in one piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment