Josh went to Cub Scout day camp all day on Thursday, so we spent it a little differently than we would have otherwise. David and I did a session in the Ogden temple in the morning.
Then we spent some time working in the yard, etc. Once Josh came home in the afternoon, we took the family out to eat at the Black Bear Diner. It was pretty exciting for us! We had previously eaten at the Black Bear Diner in Monterey, California, and it holds wonderful memories in our hearts. When they built one just a couple miles from our house, we were all pretty excited! We waited for our staycation to fork out the dough, though. Which was perfect - now it's kind of our special vacation restaurant!
I don't think this is our next Christmas card photo or anything, but I sure do love this crew!
Just having a good time chatting while we wait for our order to arrive.
That is a lot of food! They certainly don't skimp on their portion sizes at the Black Bear!
Josh ordered a gigantic breakfast that came out on two full sized plates. Bacon AND sausage AND ham AND eggs AND hash browns AND pancakes! He ate a big chunk of it too!
David's hamburger was roughly the size of a small country.
Quinton loved that the pancakes came with a little cup of syrup on the side.
After dinner, we really splurged and took the family "staycation souvenir" shopping at the D.I. It's always entertaining to see what they have. We spent quite a while there browsing the aisles.
I would have loved to observe the DI shopping trip!!! :)
ReplyDelete