Monday, April 22, 2019

Staycation 2018 - Tuesday

On Tuesday, we took our time getting up and cleaning the house.  Then, we went to the movie theater in Ogden.  

We watched The Incredibles 2. What a great family movie!


We didn't actually see this one, but the boys wanted to pose in front of the dinosaur.

After the movie, we walked next door to Fat Cats.  What a great afternoon we had!


Quinton learned the joys of ski ball. He was actually pretty good!


The boys were pretty much in heaven!  They had a ball running from game to game.


We decided to play a round of laser tag as a family. Quinton was pretty frightened at first.  I only convinced him to go in by vowing to stay by his side and protect him the whole time.  However, within about 30 seconds, he completely forgot all his fears and went Rambo on me!


I HATE laser tag!  The only other time I'd played it was 10 years earlier, when I just couched in a corner getting shot over and over the whole time.  It was the WORST! Nicole, on the other hand, was a boss!  She was sure she'd win.  So was I. Turned out she didn't though.  She took second.  To ME!!! I guess Quinton and I both got over our fears.


We played several rounds of air hockey.  It's a family favorite.

In the evening, we hosted an impromptu ice cream party in our driveway.  The boys ran around and knocked on the door of every house that was within sight of ours and invite them over.  Many of them came! We actually did this a few times throughout the summer and got different crowds each time - just whoever happened to be around and not busy at the time.  We had a couple tubs of ice cream and several cups and cones to choose from. Then, we just sat around and visited until dark. People came and went as they needed to - it was so relaxed and fun!


We have the BEST neighborhood!  Everyone is very friendly.  L-R: The Burns family, Eddie from across the street, and the Lundgreens.

This is Virginia and Beverly.  Virginia moved in before Bev was born.  We have become really good friends.  Virginia did the most amazing thing for us at the ice cream party. See, around the time I took this picture, we were telling her all about our fun stay-cation. We told her some of the fun things we had been doing and some of the things we had planned.  Then, she had to get home and put Beverley to bed.  A little while later, Virginia came back.  I just thought she wanted to visit some more. But she came over to me and said, "Kelley - I was just talking to Andy (her husband) about your family and your staycation.  You've dome so many great things for us (not really - I think she mixed us up with someone else) and we really want to give these to you." Then, she handed me five Lagoon Season Passes.  After I stopped laughing at the "joke" I realized that she was serious.  I said, "No way!  I can't let you give those to us!" And she said, "Yes you can! And you will!  My dad gets these through his work every year.  We've had them for 2 months and we haven't used them.  We may NEVER use them and it would make us very happy to know that you're family will get good use out of them."  Well, then I just started crying.  I couldn't believe that she could be so generous and selfless. There is absolutely no way we could have paid for season passes for our family!  It was a miracle!  After protesting and offering to pay at least SOMETHING, etc. I decided to pay her in the best way I knew how - by calling the girls over and allowing Virginia to see their reactions when they found out that they had been given season passes.  It was pretty emotional for both Virginia and I to see the shock, disbelief, the jumping up and down, squealing, and profuse thanking!  What an amazing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment