Like it or not, I turned 39 on July 8th. I'm just going to honest for a second and say that this has been a really rough summer for me. I'm in a lot of pain, my energy levels are super low, and I'm emotionally unstable. I wasn't looking forward to my birthday. The thought of it exhausted me. My loved ones all tried to make it special, for which I am very appreciative. Yes I cried sporadically throughout the day, that's kind of the norm for me right now. Just keeping it real, folks. But overall, I felt very loved.
 |
Nicki woke up bright and early and made me pancakes for breakfast. What a sweet girl! Of course, I had to clean up the mess.... but it's the thought that counts.
We spent most of our day grocery shopping. Birthday or not, we needed food and it was payday. So I took ALL the kids to Costco. We ate lunch there at the hot dog stand (plus all the samples are like a meal in and of themselves). In the afternoon, I spent some time with a couple of close friends just visiting on my driveway while our kids played together. It was nice. I had several well wishes and phone calls throughout the day and David left a voice mail with a different birthday song every couple of hours. |
 |
| That night, we ate dinner at the Habbit. That's my burger. It was delicious. |
 |
| I remembered to snap one picture of Josh and Bron, but that's it. Sorry. |
 |
| We went to my parents' house of angel food cake with fresh berries and home made whipped cream. |
 |
| Blowing out the candle. We opened presents there too. My folks bought me a beautiful new purse. Dave and the kids got me movie tickets, my favorite flavored syrups, and many treats. It was nice. |
 |
| Here's to the big 3-9. |
No comments:
Post a Comment