Saturday, July 16, 2016

4th of July

Happy Birthday America!
This year, we hit the Layton City parade.  It is held about three blocks from our house.  We set up our chairs in a ward member's front yard.  

Grandma Smith joined us.  

It was a good parade.  Not the candy-fest that we've seen in the past, but no one was hurting for sugar either.  

My mom looks buff in this picture!  I look like a hick!  

Look at that cute man I married!  

Here's the star of the parade:  Commissioner Smith!!!!

Quinton tried to run over to Grandpa (or "Baca" as he calls him) and sit on his lap.  He was devastated when we stopped him from running out to the middle of the road and hopping on a moving vehicle.  We're mean! 

Wow!  What patriotic toes!!  On a side note, I hate those feet with all my heart!  They cause me tremendous perpetual pain and are nearly useless.  But they sure are cute!

Gotta love a baby blowing on a pinwheel.  I'm sure Nicole's getting soaked.  
In the afternoon, the kids played outside with their friends.  This is a couple of our neighbors playing with bubbles, using (clean) fly swatters as the wands.  It was fun, and tremendously messy.  

David helped me plant my Honeycrisp apple tree.  I'm so excited!!!

Then we went to the Kaysville city celebration.  My cousin, Jeffrey is in the band that performed: No Limits.  That's him in the red pants.  

Lots of family came to watch.  Here's Katie, Megan, Julie and Rick (Rick's my cousin), and Aunt Jodi (Jeff's mom).   

And here's Scott with his mouth full, Katie and Meg.  In the back, Nicki is pondering the meaning of life next to Grandma and Grandpa. 

For most of the concert, a group of really cool people danced and sang along.  You should have seen Josh's moves!  

It was tough to get people to come out of their shells at first, but once they did, there was no putting them back!

"Rock on!"  In this picture, Aunt Jodi is in the white shirt, and Kristin is in the pink.

After the show, we went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to watch fireworks.  (David took the two little boys home for bed).  Adam came for the first time ever!  He did so well!  I think he liked it.

The fireworks go off right above the house. It's pretty fun!  That's Adam, Katie, Scot W, and Alison by the way.

It was a very fun day.  However, I paid the price pretty bad the next morning when I couldn't stand up straight or walk. Apparently I'm not as young as I once was...but I can still do the Running Man once as good as it ever was!   

No comments:

Post a Comment