Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Gee Family Day Camp

One of our Tech Free Tuesdays this summer was spent at Gee Day Camp.  It's held in our back yard, and technically only lasts half a day.  
I just wanted to show you this shirt that my sister gave me for my birthday.  She says if I'm going to have a Young Women's calling, I need to start building up my camp shirt collection.

After naps this afternoon, we went to work setting up our tent.  It was much easier this year than last - I think we're getting the hang of it.  

I let the kids play in and around the tent for a while.  

Then, we built a camp "fire" with sticks and tissue paper.  

Alison led us in a rousing "bear hunt" and a few of us told campfire stories.  

We went "fishing" (pretzel rods with a gummy worm attached to a string) for goldfish crackers and Swedish fish. 

Then, we made some "mud" and played with it for a long time.  At first, they hid fossils in it.  

After a while, they held a "chopped" food competition.  Alison was the judge.  They had a ball playing this!

We had tinfoil dinners that night - cooked in the oven.  

Followed by microwaved S'mores.  

They were every bit as gooey, messy, and delicious as the real thing.  It was a fun day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment