Here are a few things that kept us busy in October:
**********************************************************
I was still spending many of my weekends at Lagoon. Most of the time it was fine, but I had one or two nights in the rain or snow that were tough. I couldn't believe the die hard people who kept riding in the snow! They actually ended up closing for the season a few days early because of the snow.
**********************************************************
Nicky's show choir had their first concert of the year. Nicky had a solo in it. She was a bit nervous. The part was from a "Little Shop of Horrors" medley and it was the part of the plant. It's supposed to be a male part, but Nicky really wanted it, so she talked to her choir director. The director said she could try out for the solo and if she convinced her that she was the best person for the part, she could have it. Well, let's just say she got the part.
In the world of junior high choir solo performances, one is usually a little underwhelmed. The kids are young, a little shy, and just growing into their adult voices. It's fine - I'm super proud of the kids for putting themselves out there and singing! But Nicole's performance was not your typical Junior high solo. She was confident, sassy and strong. She surprised everyone - including me! I have the pleasure of hearing Nicky sing all the time, but I thought she'd be shy and hesitant on the stage. Boy, was I wrong. She rocked!
******************************************************************
Here is a lovely picture of ice crystals forming when sprinklers run in the freezing October temps. I think we saw this while we were taking a walk and it was pretty enough to snap a picture.
**********************************************************
The golden delicious apple tree in our backyard went gangbusters this year! Quinton and I dried lots of apples while the other kids were at school.
***********************************************************
We had the world's craziest dog come stay with us for a few days while his owners were out of town. His name is Sky. He is an American Pit Bull. He was still under a year old - just a puppy - but he was already HUGE. And STRONG.
**********************************************************
In October, Quinton's kindergarten teacher emailed me to let me know that he had been chosen as the student of the month for his class. He would be honored at a school assembly and she invited me to attend. She said he was such a good, kind, smart student. I was so proud of my cute little guy!










No comments:
Post a Comment