Saturday, December 5, 2015

Halloween 2015

Gotta love Halloween.  Especially when it falls on a Saturday and the kids get Friday off from school. It spreads the celebration over several days!


As always, we ate Dinner-In-A-Pumpkin before trick-or-treating. 

And Nicole drew Jock-O-Lantern faces on our clementines.  As you can see by her uniform, the girls had basketball games that morning.
This year, Quinton was a monkey.  Fitting...
Bronson was batman.  He had eye-hole issues.  
Josh was a brave knight.  Or maybe a dangerous knight.  
Nicole was Little Red Riding Hood.
And Ali was a Jelly fish. This costume taught me a lesson this year.  It is this: When your child says they really want to be a court jester for Halloween and they find a jester costume online for $40.00, BUY IT!!!  Don't tell them it's too much money and you can make something better yourself.  Otherwise you will spend hours and HOURS and more than $40 running from store to store, trying to make a costume that may or may not have been as cute as the jester costume would have been in the first place.  
Even I got in on the fun.  I friend of mine in the neighborhood paints faces.  She set up a booth in her front yard in the afternoon.  I took Alison over to get a jellyfish on her cheek.  She and my friend talked me into getting a sugar skull.  I"m told it's traditional Day-Of-The-Dead garb.


As usual, David took the kids around the neighborhood while I manned the fort at home.  Then, we traded places.  Dave answered the door for trick-or-treaters while I took the kids to my parents' neighborhood.  We met Brian and McKenna there.  My parents were in Chicago at the time, but Scott was there.  He went around the neighborhood with me while Brian stayed at my parents' house and answered the door.   It was really nice to chat with Scott while the kids ran from door-to-door.  The kids all got a TON of candy!  So did I, since there weren't as many trick-or-treaters at our house as I'd expected...darn....  ;)
Here's a great picture of my cute Halloween bunch standing by their carved pumpkins! Doesn't this picture just make you happy?  Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment