For a while there in October, there was only ONE tree in the whole neighborhood that had dropped it's leaves. When it did, kids of all ages from the whole neighborhood converged upon it with their parents' leaf rakes. They spent hours, several days in a row, raking up piles and jumping in them. It was fun for me to see so many kids play together so happily for for such a long time.
 |
| Hard at work, er..I mean.."play." Yes, Alison has balloons attached to her head. It was crazy hair day at school and she wanted to leave them in all night. |
 |
| Bronson's new shopping cart came in handy. |
 |
| The crew. |
Of course, I couldn't help but wish that it was MY tree they were raking the leaves from. It would be nice to have my yard tidied up by a bunch of volunteer kiddos. By the time our trees drop all their leaves, the novelty will have worn off and my kids will moan and complain when I ask them to rake. Bummer.
No comments:
Post a Comment