After today, the world will never be the same - Mike Church
My hero, Grandpa Church passed away yesterday. Words can't express how much I love and admire that man. Kind, funny, gentle, tough, handsome, charming, loyal, faithful and ALWAYS happy. Everyone who knew him loved him. He will be missed... by us all. Thoughts and prayers go to my wonderful Grandma Church. We all thought Grandpa loved us best, but when she thought it, she was actually right.
The world lost one of its best men yesterday. Those of you who knew Grandpa Church know I'm not kidding. They just DO NOT make men like him anymore! - Kelley Gee
Grandpa Church has passed into the next life. We will miss his sweet spirit and quick smile. - Christine Davis
Grandpa Ray Church has made his last great adventure. He has reunited with his family, countless friends and has regrouped on the beach with his “clod-crunching” Marines. Grandpa always spoke about the “big surprise” we would win if we won a family contest or accomplished this or that. While he never divulged what the surprise would be and nothing was ever actually awarded, it turned out that HE was our “big surprise”. No greater gift could be given then having him in our lives. My only regret is that as hard as he tried to turn me into a world class golfer, I am still beyond terrible. At ease Marine, you earned it. - Steven Church
Ray H. Church- If this picture doesn't some up what kind of man he was, nothing will. It was taken on the first day of his 4 years as a P.O.W in Japan during WWII. He has the same look here he always had, which was " I got this". - Steven Church
My Grandpa Church passed away this afternoon. He was sort of our family hero, and a hero to everyone who knew him. Marine, POW, and just all around great guy. I will sure miss him - Scott Smith
My Grandfather. One of the best men I have ever known. We will miss you terribly. - John Davis
Overwhelmed with love for my family today. My amazing Grandpa Church passed away today, and while I'm so sad for all of us, and especially for my sweet Grandma, I can only imagine the joy he is experiencing. What a blessing and light he has been to all who have known him.
I know a lot of people think of their Grandfathers as heroes, but I always knew that my Grandpa was one... - Katie Wahlquist
My grandfather was one of the best. The type of man to hold the door open for you, even though he could barely stand himself. The most gentle man I ever met, even though he spent 4 years in a prison camp where being gentle could mean that you didnt survive. A man who would let you win a game because he loved you, even though he could beat you hands down. Ray Church is a quiet hero who spent his life doing for others. You will be missed every day. - Karen Dixon
My kids will always remember playing pool with Grandpa and sharing ice cream and soda with him. They loved how he would greet them at the door with a hug and "Come and see Grandpa." - Mark Church

No comments:
Post a Comment