Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Look, Ma! I'm on TV!

I mentioned in an earlier entry that Dave and I joined a weight loss challenge in January.  It was through KSL channel 5 TV.  Everyone who lost 10 pounds in the month of January had their names put in a drawing for a treadmill.  There were little daily challenges and encouraging bits of wisdom and small prizes given throughout the month as well.  It was really fun for me  (Dave just entered for the chance to win the treadmill.  He didn't care about the challenges or wise words).

At the end of the month, Dave and I had both lost a lot more than 10 pounds.  We were entered into the drawing!  The people at channel 5 invited anyone who wanted to come to Salt Lake to be on a special wrap-up celebration show.  My cool mother said that I should go and volunteered to watch the boys for me.  So...I did!  I was on TV!!
Back row, 4th from the left.  We were in a straight line, but panoramic pictures do crazy things.

I was part of the studio audience for the Studio 5 television show on February 8th at 10:30am.   Oh yes I was!  I have no shame!  I sat there and cheered every time the camera came on me!  Let me tell you something - it's not easy to act excited and cheer for more than about 15 seconds at a time.  By the time you've been cheering for 45 solid seconds, you feel a little foolish!  You kind of run out of things to whoop-whoop.  I also learned something new about myself.  I clap with my hands held MUCH higher than most people.  It looks a little strange.   I need to work on my cheering technique.  There was at least one segment of the show when the hosts were talking and I was DIRECTLY behind them on the screen.  I'm trying to act interested in what they're saying, but really, I was just like, "I'm on TV! I'm on TV!  I'm on TV!" in my head. 

http://studio5.ksl.com/index.php?nid=56&sid=24007152#ooid=U5bG03OToXy2KlK6p_oXZQBq8sMGbKh-

You might get to see a little bit of the video if you follow this link.  The middle segment (with pictures of four ladies) is the one when I'm in the background the whole time - skip it to about 45 seconds in. 

Well, we didn't win the treadmill.  Bummer.  But I did get a nifty, fancy pedometer and a t-shirt that says, "Sweat, Eat, Sleep, Repeat" on the back. And I met some very funny and friendly people.  Not to mention the fun memories I had of my 30 seconds of stardom! 
This is the fitness lady who ran the challenge.  She's written books and starred in exercise DVDs, etc.  I could take her. 
Just kidding, she's pretty tough.

Holy unflattering picture of me!  I swear I'd lost about 19 pounds by then!!!  Oh well.  It's the only picture I've got with the hosts of the TV show, so I've got to put it on.  In my defense, I'm sitting closer to the camera than they are...

3 comments:

  1. You go, girl! You look great!! And I'm glad that you got to have your moment on TV:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! You famous girl you. So impressed that you've lost that much too. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelley you look awesome. You are awesome. I was just thinking yesterday about how much I like you and am so glad David was lucky enough to win you.

    ReplyDelete