Monday, August 1, 2011

Swimming Lessons

The girls just finished their swimming lessons for the summer.  What fun!  They went at 7:00 pm five days a week for two weeks.  There were only three kids in their class and the other little boy missed over half of the lessons, so the girls got a lot of time with their instructor.  I have to say, I was very impressed with how much each of them had improved since the last time.  I don't know how that's possible, since I don't think we went swimming one time between sessions.  Maybe part of it is age - they were better at listening and following instructions this time.

Alison

Nicole

Teacher Andrew (he was their teacher last time too) helping Nicole.

Andrew and Alison.

Playing water polo at the end of a lesson.
The main issue with both girls is just feeling confident.  I remember when it dawned on me that I didn't have to swim like I was drowning all the time.  If I just calmly moved my arms and legs, they would keep me alive.  Ali and Nicki haven't had that epiphany yet.  They still looked panicked all the time.  Once they settle down, they'll both be swimmers!

No comments:

Post a Comment