Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Baby's First Haircut

At ten months old, baby Bronson was in desperate need of a haircut!  Either that or ponytails.  His hair has always been his most popular feature so I was a little sad to cut it off, but goodness!  Something had to give!His hair is very fine and puffy.  It always sticks straight up.  It grows up, not out.  About a month ago, it started laying down on his head. It started in front and every few days, another layer would lay down. You'd think that would be a good thing, but it wasn't.  It was long and stringy and he had MAJOR bed head when he woke up in the morning.  So last Friday, I decided to chop it all off.

Nicki took a picture of us in the act of cutting his hair.

That's pretty long for a baby boy!
Cutting a baby's hair is no easy task!  Bronson's hair was so fine that it would just slip through the clippers.  Also, he was a constantly moving target.  It's amazing that I did as well as I did, even though it's pretty choppy and I keep finding stray long hairs. 

So happy with his new haircut!

So...how do I look?
Bron looks like such a big boy now!  And I cut out all the dark color in his hair - he turned blond like the rest of my kids.  His cheeks puffed up a bit when his hair shrunk.  I guess I'd better start using full-body shampoo on him.  Between his haircut, his two new teeth, and his determination to start walking any day now, he's had a busy week. 

3 comments:

  1. Ah yes. The "moving target" haircut. That's every four weeks for me! And try it with an almost 7 year old who is smarter, stronger, faster and more flexible than you are. That's living, baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with Bronson! He's such a cutie!!! Good work on the haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That haircut suddenly made him get so much older! He is such a cute little boy.

    ReplyDelete