Monday, August 1, 2011

Family Reunion Week

Whew!  What a week we just had!  David took Thursday and Friday off for the Gee family reunion, so we decided to try to cram in a few things we have been wanting to do all summer.  First off, we wanted to try a drive-in movie.  This was a total first for all of our children.  They were THRILLED, as you can see from the pictures.  As far as drive-in movies go, this was practically perfect.  Dave took the back seat out of the van and turned it into a comfy viewing spot, then set up a big bed in the back.  We ate tons of popcorn and pop while we watched "Cars 2."  The kids loved seeing all the stars.  They usually go to bed before the sun's down.  Bronson slept in my arms most of the time.  Dave and I sat on the car seat and the kids all piled in the bed to watch the movie (except Josh who kept climbing in and out).  Of course, there was a lot of talking and movement, so we kind of half-watched  movie and the kids had a hard time falling asleep in the back while we watched "The Green Lantern," but overall, it was a fun night.  I think we might even do it again someday.  By the way, Wednesday was also our 9th wedding anniversary. 
So excited!

Almost time

Mom and Bronson, Nicki, Ali, and Josh eating popcorn.

The next day, I wanted to take the kids to the new water park.  I knew I couldn't do it without David's help.  He really didn't want to go, so he offered to keep the boys home and let me take the girls.  SWEET!!!  We had a great time.  We even went down the big water slide (a pretty big deal for Alison).  We spent most of our time in the lazy river, though.  Ahhhhhh, the lazy river.  Actually, it's not very lazy.  It's packed with squealy people.
The only picture I took - too busy playing to take any pics.
That evening marked the beginning of the bi-annual Gee family reunion.  It's always fun, and this year certainly didn't disappoint.  I feel bad that I don't have more pictures, but that just shows how much fun I was having.  We had a hot dog and marshmallow roast on Thursday.  On Friday morning we all met at the Craze Fun Zone, where we played laser tag, went miniature golfing, played in the arcade, climbed through the slides and other toys, and played with a train set.  In the afternoon, we went to the splash park.  Most of our family was planning on going to the new water park we'd gone to the day before, but when they got there it was full and they were turned away.  Sad for them, but great for us because they all came to the splash park with us.  We met for dinner again that night.  Saturday morning was filled with breakfast and the family meeting.  Throughout all of this, we all had a great time visiting and playing with our family.  It was hard to drag ourselves away each time we had to leave!  I'm sad that it's over for another two years.  I sure love me some Gees!


Just arriving at the hot dog roast.

Playing in the slide toys.

Jodi and Hannah, Grandma, Grandpa and Bronson looking on.

Josh was a little bit troublesome with this train set.  He was VERY protective of it.




Look at that Gagge of Gees!!!

David performing the "Gee Rap!"

3 comments:

  1. What a fun week, filled with perfect summer activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. David performing the Gee rap? Video, please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You went to the drive-in WITH kids and stayed for both movies?! I was exhausted the next day after one!

    ReplyDelete