Tuesday, January 19, 2021

First Day Of School - Round Three

 Well, Quinton finally had his turn to get first-day-of-school pictures taken!  Mind Blown!!!


Honestly, I was unexpectedly emotional when he went to school! Usually, kindergarden is no big deal for me.  The kids (and I) get a few hour break, then they're right back home.  It's first grade that usually makes me melancholly.  

In the weeks leading up to it, I was dreaming of all the things I could do with my free time. Just the thought of grocery shopping all by myself was euphoric. 

  

Plus, Quinton was SOOOOO ready for school!  He could hardly wait to go with the big kids. 

So I took him to school and watched him walk into his classroom. He was so happy!  And I was happy too.  But as I walked away, I began to reflect on the fact that for the first time in almost 16 years, our house would be quiet for a few hours every day.  And that thought brought tears to my eyes.  I guess what they say about parenting is right: the days go by so slowly, but the years fly past.

1 comment:

  1. I was really emotional when Pace went to kindergarten and it surprised me, too! Even more surprising was that I kept feeling that way for TWO MONTHS. Then we got Anni and I guess I wasnt supposed to get liking the alone time too much.

    ReplyDelete