This year's festivities started the day BEFORE my birthday. We met up with some family members at Katie's house to celebrate. Jenny, Scot W. and I all have birthdays within a week of each other, so we had a combined party with homemade ice cream and brownies. Yum!
I think it was the first time we had gotten together without my parents. We missed them, but we knew they were happy in Canada.
I absolutely LOVE this photo! Look at Quinton's photo bomb in the background! He spent most of the night fighting make-believe bad guys.
I think my actual birthday was pretty calm for the most part. It was a Monday so David was at work. Many friends and family called, texted, and visited to brighten my day.
That evening, we took the family to Golden Corral for dinner. It is a favorite place for the kids, and I loved not having to cook!
When we got home from dinner, we had the best birthday party ever! We did a family paint night. I had previously chosen the picture we would paint and we watched a tutorial on the television on how to paint it. We had such a great time together and it was so fun to see how each person's painting turned out!
Here they are lined up according to the age of the artist (with Bronson photo bombing). It was fun to see how each one turned out differently, even though we were all watching the same tutorial.
















No comments:
Post a Comment