Sunday, February 2, 2020

Valentine's Day 2019


Alright. Confession time.  I am almost a year behind in writing this family history.  When you get behind like that, it's difficult to remember details about things.  So, I can't really tell you much about Valentine's day except for the things I took pictures of. It is highly likely that David and I gave our kids little gifts and balloons when they woke up in the morning, but I can't be sure since I didn't take any pictures.  Let's just assume that we did.  I believe Alison got a gift or two from a boy or two, but she really downplayed it - "They're just being nice.  They do that for lots of girls, etc." And I'm sure the boys handed out valentines in their classes.  That's always super fun!  That's all I remember.  Wait!  I remember that David bought me a beautiful heart-shaped box of Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates.  He really knows the way to my heart!

After school, Bronson and I spent some time in court.  Ha ha!  That sounds shady!  But really, he was doing a report on a possible career choice of his - an attorney.  And our neighbor, Clint Heiner is a prosecuting attorney for the DA in Salt Lake City, so he offered to give Bronson a tour.  It was actually super fascinating!  Alison tagged along because she also finds the whole court process fascinating. Clint took us all around.  We got to see some behind-the-scenes stuff that we'd never get to see without him.  


Clint got a bailiff to open up an empty courtroom for us.  Bron was able to see what it feels like to be on the witness stand.


And in the jury box.


Here he is outside the courtrooms overlooking a pretty rotunda.


And here he is behind Clint's desk.  Clint really took some time explaining what he does and how the process of prosecuting works.  It was so cool of him to do it!  We learned a lot and have a greater appreciation for all of the many people out there working to keep the rest of us safe.

In the evening, David and I got the kids a heart-shaped pizza and we went out on a Valentine's Day date.  We went to a crazy burger joint in South Weber called Burly Burger.  We ate astounding amounts of calories, but it sure was tasty!


I loved their wall - filled with sage words such as, "Be honest. Is this too much lettuce?" and "Get your fat pants ready." 


We shared a milkshake while we waited for our order (it was Valentine's Day - you can totally eat dessert first on Valentine's Day!)  The shake was roughly the size of a barge! Then these dainty little meals came out.  We did our best, but I don't think we were able to finish them.

Look at that happy man! That red jacket was a Valentine's Day gift from me, by the way.  I think hamburgers are David's love language.  They might actually be mine too.  So we both got exactly what we wanted to Valentine's day!

No comments:

Post a Comment