Monday, January 6, 2020

Welcome 2019!

Well, after a busy but wonderful 2018, I was looking forward to a great year in 2019.  I should start our little family history by sharing our fortunes (which we recieved in our fortune cookies the night before at our Chinese dinner) that we pretend tell us our future for the year.

Before doing so, I would like to make a few blanket observations:

  1. These are NOT fortunes!  They are proverbs - little truisms you'd expect to see cross stitched on a pillow, not printed on a paper in your fortune cookie!
  2. IF these fortunes are correct, 2019 is not looking so hot for us!!!  There are a LOT of tidbits about withstanding adversity and being a better person, etc. Crap!
  3. I'd like to switch around a couple of these fotunes.  I don't like mine! 
SO, without further ado - the Gee family 2019 fortunes:


David: "Good timber does not grow with ease; the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees."
Kelley: "From error to error, one discovers the entire truth."
Alison: "Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions."
Nicole: "Facts are cheap, information is plentiful -- knowledge is precious."
Joshua: "He climbs highest who helps another up."
Bronson: "If the cake is bad, what good is the frosting?"
Quinton: "If you don't have time to live your life now, when do you?"

No comments:

Post a Comment