Sunday, January 19, 2020

Other January Ditties

Let's see what else we were up to in January, shall we?

******************************

Joshua started playing Jr. Jazz Basketball.  He was on a team that won some games and lost some games.  His coach was perhaps the nicest human being on the planet.  It was a good season for him.



********************************************

Quinton took swimming lessons.  He was absolutlely adorable! 



***************************************

Nicki played Jr. High basketball again.  She is the player on the far fight in this picture.  Her team did pretty well!  They were undefeated until the second round of the district tournament.  


************************************

Quinton is a super picky eater!  I've never had that kind of trouble with my other four kids.  He doesn't eat much at all.  So, in an effort to help expand his palatte, I signed us up for a mommy-and-me food class with our local health department.  It taught about the different food types and why it is important to eat something from all of them, etc.  

Quinton was so excited to be there!  It was really fun to take a class with mom and to get to try all kinds of new things, etc.  

By the time he learned all about the foods, he was pumped to give them a try! 

That excitement didn't last long.

We went to the class exactly one time.  Sigh...

***********************************

But one thing that was SUPER exciting in January is that I FINALLY got rid of the turtles! We'd had the turtles for almost two years.  The kids thought they were amazing...for about one week.  Then they couldn't have possibly cared less about them.  Meanwhile, I was stuck cleaning out the disgusting, slimy, poopy tank all the time.  Urgh!  

It bacame a neighborhood joke that I was constantly trying to give our turtles away. I tried to sell them online, but EVERYONE was trying to sell their turtles (see previous paragraph for reasons). I even called a turtle rescue agency and they said we'd have to PAY them to take them off our hands because they had so many.   


Well in January I finally found a pet shop in Salt Lake City that was willing to take our turtles.  Woo hoo!  The girls and I drove down to Mark's Ark - which is a mostly-reptile pet store run by a bunch of hippies (whom I love!).
The girls were glad they came with me.  Not only were there a ton of cool, exotic reptiles to see and some cute hippies to take our turtles from us, but there was a super-cool graffitti wall for their photo shooting pleasure.  They had a blast. And I vowed to never clean another turtle tank again! (Want to buy a dirty turtle tank?)


No comments:

Post a Comment