We rang in the New Year in typical fashion. We went to a Chinese restaurant. In years past, we've ordered take out, but last year was a nightmare! Everyone else in Layton does the same thing I guess, because the lines and the wait time were enormous. So we decided to go in to the restaurant ourselves and guess what. It wasn't busy at all! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves while others waited for their take out in the lobby,
What a feast we had!!!
The older kids.
And the younger kids - yes I know Josh is in both pictures. That's what happens when you're the middle child. You are both a young and an old child at the same time.
We always keep track of our New Year's fortunes! But since they are next year's fortunes, you'll have to read about them on my next entry.
We came home from the restaurant and threw a little party. It started by getting noise makers off the New Year's tree. (I always decorate the Christmas tree with balloons, streamers, and noise makers during the week between Christmas and the New Year). Josh delighted in blowing the noise makers with his nostrils. Delightful...
We watched the ball drop in New York City (10:00 our time) and let the confetti fly!
Watching the festivities in NYC.
Whew! What a mess! I am not exaggerating when I say that every time we turned the fan on FOR MONTHS, stray pieces of confetti would float down.
Happy New Year!!!!
Then we toasted the year with sparkling grape juice and called in a night.
Looking back at 2018, I am overwhelmed with gratitude. It was a great year! We were healthy (aside from hospital visits from Quin and me) and happy. We did some fun things. We all grew and learned. It was kind of a calm between the storms of 2017 and 2019 and for that, I am grateful.











No comments:
Post a Comment