2018 was a special year for the Gee family. It was the 50th anniversary of Grandma and Grandpa getting married. They wanted to celebrate with their family. Originally, we wanted to go on a special trip with just the adults, but the logistics and the finances were too tricky for some of us (ahem...can you say appendectomy?) What we ended up doing instead is spending several days in the world's coolest cabin in Island Park! Almost everyone was there. Sadly, David was not. One of his co-workers had a baby and he had to stay and cover for her. So it was just me, the kiddos, and lots of cousins.
Now, prepare yourself for picture overload!!!
 |
| I cannot fully express how amazing the cabin was! Quinton is standing in front of the huge fireplace and TV where we met for most of our formal gatherings. |
 |
| Check out this huge, beautiful, fully-equipped gourmet kitchen! It was like HEAVEN to me! Sue and Kristi did a TON of work planning and shopping for food, but each family was in charge of at least one meal. |
 |
| Here is a view of the layout. Above the kitchen was a huge play area with an air hockey table, a built-in two-story play house, a slide, and an indoor zipline. Along the outer edge of the room were bedrooms and a theater room. |
 |
| Another view of the great room. Two full-sized dining room tables (in addition to the stools on the kitchen counter) and a shuffleboard table. There was also room for a ping pong table, which we pulled out of one of the many closets. And that closet in the back of the room is FILLED with board games. |
 |
| Abbey, Alison and I don't know who else walking through part of the property. There was a zip line out here as well. Bronson broke it. Or rather, Bronson happened to be the unlucky soul who was on it when it broke. Poor kid. |
 |
| Oh hey, I think I see the zipline in this picture. Hard to tell. All I know is, until the moment it broke, that thing was running from sun up to sun down. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. |
 |
| Everyone just doin' their own thing for minute. |
 |
| A huge gazebo firepit. |
 |
| With a bunch of swinging benches all around it. |
 |
| At one point, the kids and I went into "town" (aka Ashton) to pick up some groceries for our cooking assignment. We stopped and got a shake at the Frostop! |
 |
| One night, there was an epic game of Lightning. |
 |
| Nicole was kind of the star! |
 |
| So everyone ganged up on her and got her out. |
 |
| A couple of pictures of just relaxing one afternoon. |
 |
| I'm not sure that's a very restful massage! |
 |
| One of our evening devotionals. |
 |
| Singing songs at the gazebo campfire. |
 |
| More singing. |
 |
| This is the room I shared with my boys and Andrew. It had 8 beds in it! Two of them were doubles, so it could sleep 10 people if needed! And that was only one room! All in all, I think the cabin could easily sleep 50 people or more. The teenaged girls all slept in a little old cabin on the property. They thought that was pretty fun. |
 |
| One of the many meals we ate. I'm telling you - it was a massive feat for the planners (of which I was not one) to organize and shop for that many people! I am truly impressed and grateful! |
 |
| Board games! |
 |
| One day, we held a talent show. Clearly, these two were the best!!! |
 |
| Nathan's Family |
 |
| Look at all those darling granddaughters! |
 |
| The Andersons' talent. |
 |
| Kory and Terry |
 |
| Sue was awesome and creepy at the same time. She did a duet - with herself! |
 |
| Grandpa and some grandkids sang. |
 |
| A big group dance! |
 |
| Even just being the super chill, fun to be around, easy going guy that he is. |
 |
| That's the playhouse I was telling you about earlier. |
 |
| And this air hockey table was always busy! |
 |
| Blurry, but what do you expect? It's a zip line! |
 |
| The view from the second floor. |
 |
| There is a small third floor that is nothing but these mining tunnels for kid to play in. An adult can't even stand up straight up there - its just a play land for the kids! |
 |
| The view from the third floor. I wonder who Nicki is playing against. And I wonder if she's winning. |
I wish I took pictures of more of the activities we did. We went rafting/kayaking down the river, hiked, watched home movies together, had picnics, and just had a ton of fun! I really truly wish we could do it every year! With David next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment