Sunday, January 7, 2018

In Other September News

Here are a few things that happened to our family in September:

********************************************************************************

First of all, Adam spent most of the month super sick!  I mean in-an-out of the hospital, body nearly giving up on him sick!  It was frightening! He had Giardia and C diff at the same time (crazy kid licks everything and drinks from secondary water garden hoses).  Adam and hospitals don't really mix.  You can't just ask him to sit in bed with tubes coming out his body all day.  It was a long, long month for Katie's family, but eventually he got well. (That could very well be the most abbreviated paragraph of a novel-length ordeal ever written).
Katie sent me this picture of Adam playing with a balloon that I sent him.  He loves balloons. 
********************************************************************************

One Friday, David took a day off.  He and I went to a financial wellness seminar put on by, among others, Tony Robbins.  We'd been reading a book by Tony about financial planning so we were super excited.

Tickets were pretty expensive for us, but I wanted to go so I won some on the radio.  When we got there, the stadium was pretty full!  There were all these people just dying to be led - it was kind of like a revival!  The whole thing was a little strange.  David tried to be a good sport, but standing, cheering, roaring, dancing, high five-ing the strangers sitting next to you, etc. are not in his comfort zone.
I know it's hard to see, but Tony is walking through the crowd.  He's in the center of the picture, wearing a navy blue shirt.  

We had fun while we were there.  I admit, I was pretty caught up in the excitement of it all.  It doesn't take much to get me to shake my booty.  But it ended up being a really long commercial.  They just wanted us to sign up for classes, seminars, etc. We left there feeling jipped.  But, on the bright side, it was a really long, fun date with my husband.  And I've seen him boogy and heard him roar!

****************************************************************************************************
 Grandpa Smith took Alison and I to another author event.  We sat in the front, thanks to Grandpa.  This time, we met Ally Carter, a young adult author.  She was really charismatic and fun to listen to.  She gave a lot of good advice to young aspiring authors like Alison.  Ali raised her hand and asked a question or two during the question-and-answer portion of the program.  Then, she got to have several books signed.  Afterwards, Grandpa treated us to Cold Stone ice cream.  Ali had never been there before.  What a fun night!


*********************************************************************************

David's birthday happened to fall on he same day as the Greek Food Festival this year, so Quinton and I celebrated Daddy's birthday in a very ethnic way!

Just look at all those chafing trays lined up in a row!  Each one contains a little bite of heaven!

Quin and I happened to show up at exactly the same time as Uncle Brian (who was bringing some food to Aunt Kristin at her work).  It was fun to have someone in line to chat with.  

Quin concentrated most of his efforts on eating the Loukamathes - honey drizzled doughnut scone balls with cinnamon sprinkled on top.  I took care of the rest...

*************************************************************************************************

One time, David and I were chatting in his office when I realized that his silhouette looked so funny!  I had to snap a picture of the leaf-eared bunny! 


********************************************************************************

Here's another had-to-snap-a-picture moment.  Of course, you can barely grasp the beauty from this picture.  I just love crisp blue September skies!


*********************************************************************************

I was very proud of my watermelon from our garden this year!  I planted seeds in our front yard island, hoping to have room there.  A month later, someone had pulled up the seedlings!  I re-planted, knowing that it was too late in the season but not wanting to give up.

Low and behold, a watermelon grew! 

Maybe next year, I'll be able to actually eat it!
 *******************************************************************************
Let me end this post with a darling picture of Soccer Star Bronson on his daddy's lap that I found on my phone.  You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment