Sunday, January 28, 2018

Halloween 2017

Happy Halloween!  This year, we found a new Halloween tradition that we'd like to begin. It's the Layton City Pumpkin Dunk.  For $1 per person, we all went to the Surf 'N Swim wave pool. For the first hour or two, it was just regular swim time with the waves going every half hour.  They had several carnival games set up around the pool with candy prizes. 
Then, they asked everyone to exit the pool while the lifeguards threw out about a hundred pumpkins.  

At the signal, everyone ran to enter the pool and fetch a pumpkin!  Some of the pumpkins had ribbons on their stems.  If you got one of those, you got an extra prize!  And one pumpkin had a special ribbon - it was the grand prize winner.  I think the grand prize was an annual family pass to Surf N' Swim.  

It really was a blast!  And a deal! $1 for entrance to the pool, prizes and candy, and a pumpkin?!?!?  I'm telling you - we're going EVERY year! 

Here's a picture of our Surf N' Swim pumpkins after we carved them.  

Of course, I used my pumpkin for dinner on Halloween night.  We had Dinner-In-A-Pumpkin.  

With Jack-O-Lantern clementines

And pumpkin shaped bread bowls.  

Quinton was very excited to be the Red Power Ranger (shown without mask in this picture). 

Bron was a Ninja.  

I think that's Josh.  I can't tell because he's a spy.

Nicole was Super Girl.

And Alison was a bull.  

I love Quin in this picture.  With his mask on, he can't see well enough to know where to look!

As per Gee Family Halloween Protocol, David took the kids trick-or-treating around our neighborhood while I stayed home and answered the door.  

Then we traded places and I took the kids to my parents' neighborhood. 

One of the homes in their neighborhood uses a candy machine every year.  We brought Nicki's friend Adelle with us to my folks' neighborhood this year.  She was a taco.  Get it?  Adelle taco?  A Del Taco?

After the festivities, there is always a barter-and-trade period.  This year, Grandpa Smith stuck close by to protect Quinton from his enterprising siblings.  

Of course, he only kept half an eye on the trading, because his beloved Dodgers were in the World Series for the first time in 20 years!  

No comments:

Post a Comment