Sunday, January 22, 2017

Thanksgiving 2016

We stayed in town this Thanksgiving.  David didn't have any extra time off work and an up-and-back trip to Idaho didn't sound too fun.  We really enjoyed staying home and relaxing a bit.  We had dinner at my parents' house.  Mom and I did the whole spread.  I LOVED it!  Cooking is my favorite sport!

Kristin's family, Scott, and Grandma Chuch all joined us. Katie's family went to Chuck-A-Rama for dinner (Adam does really well there) but they came over for about an hour later that evening.

We had a really great time visiting and eating.  After dinner, the kids watched "Finding Dorrie" in the basement while the adults relaxed upstairs.  Later, they decorated oranges with toothpicks and candies.  We didn't get any pictures because I forgot my camera.  I'm lucky David took a few with his phone.

I made place cards out of paper bags filled with caramel popcorn and shaped like a turkey leg. I thought it was creative. 

At some point, Quinton got a hold of Payton's tablet. He made himself right at home with it.   
McKenna made really cool duct tape flowers.

We stayed until after dark.  Then, on the way home, we drove through the Layton Christmas light display.  It was so great! It was nearly empty.  Only a few people were walking or driving through.  It's usually PACKED!
The pics are blurry - Nicki took them with my camera while we were driving.

We weren't prepared with coats and gloves this time, but next year, I'd like to walk through the lights on Thanksgiving evening.  It felt like the perfect segue from Thanksgiving to Christmas.  We may have a new tradition on our hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment