Monday, January 23, 2017
I Dare You To Not Fall In Love With This Boy!
I love this boy so much it's physically painful sometimes. Like when I am watching him in his kindergarten Christmas program. He worked on it for a month! He wanted to keep most of it secret so that I would be surprised, but sometimes he would slip and start singing a Spanish Christmas song at home or something. It was an evening performance and he was very VERY excited to have his whole family come watch him. The school specifically asked that we keep our guests to a minimum due to tight quarters, so we didn't invite the grandparents, but all seven of the immediate family attended. He was adorable!
A little quirk in Bronson's personality that I wasn't expecting has surfaced this year in kindergarten. He gets pretty anxious sometimes. One day, he accidentally left his backpack at home and he had a full-blown-melt-down-bordering-on-a-panic-attack. The school's counselor had to be called in to help him. When he arrives at school in the morning, all the kids run and play in the playground until the bell rings, but Bronson stands and waits by the door to his classroom. He doesn't want to leave his backpack unattended and he doesn't want to miss getting in line. He even does this at recess occasionally. If he feels like the carpool is running late, or they get stalled at a train crossing on the way to school, he gets very agitated. It's surprising to me to see this side of Bron because he is such a happy go lucky, mellow kid at home. But he takes school very seriously. You can see it in his face during this little program - the combination of intense stress over the songs and intense joy over having his whole family watching and cheering him on. It's incredibly lovable, isn't it?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What a cutey. I wonder if it's an age thing. I used to be terrified of missing the bus. I would go out and wait like a half an hour early. And at school, if our teacher wasn't letting us get ready to go out to the buses on time I almost started crying. I don't know why I was so scared, because my mom could have taken me in either circumstance, but that never even crossed my mind.
ReplyDelete