Thursday, December 1, 2016

Double Birthday Par-Tay!

After both boys' birthdays had past, we held a double birthday party for them.  We only throw "friend parties" a few times for each kid (otherwise I would always be throwing a birthday party).  It just happens that two of those times are in kindergarten and when they turn eight.  So the boys each invited a few friends over and we had a fun filled afternoon. Thank heaven for my older girls, who basically ran the show.  I put each girl in charge of a couple of games and they ran with it.

Nicki set up an obstacle course....  

...which included slinking through laser beams. 

The kids loved that. 

Alison played a ticking time bomb game.  It was like hot potato.  Whoever was caught with the dynamite when the bomb exploded (a timer app I downloaded) had to get out of the circle.  

It was pretty intense by the time it got down to the last two.  The kids liked that game so much they asked to play it again.

We did a spy Mad-lib, which had us all rolling on the floor laughing.  

Alison helped the kid all dress up in spy gear and disguises.  Some of them were pretty awesome!  This is Josh.

And this little spy is Bronson.

Here's a picture of a whole gang of spies! L-R: Dylan, Walker, Josh, Devin, Parker, Bronson, Addie, Joonie, Finleigh.


Nicole had clues hidden all over the house for a treasure hunt.  The clues were written in invisible ink, but each spy was given a special pen with a light that could decode the clues.  The treasure at the end of the hunt was the birthday cake, which I guess I didn't take any pictures of.  It was a bomb button.

We ate treats and cake, then opened presents.  Everyone took home spy hats, sunglasses, a spy pen, and a mustache. along with a spy Mad-Lib, magnifying glass, and candy.  

Here's a picture of the chaos known as present opening.  It was certainly very loud, rowdy, and tons of fun around here for a few hours. I think it went pretty smoothly as little boy parties go.  At least our little spies had a great time.

No comments:

Post a Comment