Joshua turned 8 years old this year. Can you believe it?!? Oh how I love this boy! He is so smart and kind and funny and talented and intense! One day, when I was volunteering in his classroom, three kids separately came up to me and said, "You're Josh's mom? He's really nice to me." or "He's a good friend." He is. People are naturally drawn to Josh. I love how deeply he thinks and it's also fun to watch him grow and develop his natural athletic abilities. That boy is a mover - that's for sure. Josh gives me the most worries of all my kids - he has since the day he was born with a giant bump on his head - but that only makes me love him even more. He's an accident waiting to happen because he lives life so furiously! I have a feeling life will never be boring with this kid around.
 |
| The birthday boy! His birthday fell on a Sunday this year, but instead of regular church, we had a special regional broadcast. |
 |
| He had a delicious breakfast casserole in the morning. |
 |
| He got some great presents, which he set out in a lovely display for all to see. |
 |
| After church, the kids kept busy with this rubber band gun game that David had borrowed from a neighbor for our ward Halloween carnival while I finished up the preparations for dinner. |
 |
| Josh chose lasagna, bread sticks, and a green salad for his birthday dinner. Grandma and Grandpa joined us. |
 |
| I was just going to make a double layer chocolate cake, but while they were on the cooling rack, I noticed that it could be an "8" cake instead. |
 |
| Happy birthday, Josh! |
No comments:
Post a Comment