I came across this photo recently. It's from our engagement photo shoot. Look how young and cute we were!
This year, we celebrated 14 years of marriage. I use the term "celebrated" loosely. We didn't actually do much. We bought each other a pint of our favorite ice cream and vegged in front of the television. It felt wonderful! I also made a very nice dinner for the family that evening. That't about it. We love each other every day of the year, so that's what counts.
One anniversary tradition we started a few years ago is to reenact the cake cutting ceremony. I buy a small cake from a local bakery and ask them to frost it completely white (this time, they put green leaves on it...grrr). The kids get a kick out of us feeding each other cake. They usually feed each other a bit as well.
Happy Anniversary, David! Fourteen down, infinity to go!

No comments:
Post a Comment