Friday, August 12, 2016

Girls Camp 2016

Alison's first ever girls camp adventure was Wednesday July 20th through Saturday July 23rd.  She was slightly nervous when she left on Wednesday, but it didn't last long. She had a wonderful time!  I didn't arrive until Friday - David had already taken a lot of time off work to cover for me while I gallivanted around with the YW.  I missed her terribly while she was gone, but I'm glad she had a couple of days to bond with her leaders without Mom.
Here is a picture of our ward group on day one - Wednesday.   I ought to warn you that Alison is stunningly beautiful in most of these pictures.  Maybe I'm a little biased.... and maybe the leader who took these photos has a fantastic camera...  Alison is in the back row, third from the left, next to the Bishop.

Some of the girls by the campfire.  

One of the leaders took this picture while they were playing a game of some sort.  I just thought it was pretty.  

Speaking of pretty, our stake camp, Lyman Lake, is breathtaking. 

Look at that view!  

 -
Alison channeling her inner Katniss.

Making "snack necklaces" to sustain them throughout their hike.

Off they go.  I didn't go on this hike.  This whole thing took place at the peak of my foot woes. We had a girl with serious asthma issues, so I stayed behind with her. 

Playing some team building games.  I'm the one sitting down in the back of the line - the only photo evidence that I actually went to camp.

Alison's team for the Iron Chef Campfire Cooking competition. Not to brag or anything, but my team won...

Early morning on the lake.  It was so gorgeous!  Speaking of which, that's Ali in the back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment