Aaaaand...I kind of forgot what we did....oops...
I mentioned in an earlier post that we bought Dad a hummingbird feeder for his gift. That was a pleasant surprise for him. He also got a pleasant non-surprise. I took him shopping a day or two before, and he picked out a garage storage/organizer unit that he'd been needing for a while. The kids all made him cards, coupons for services, etc. He said he felt very loved.
We went to church. All the men got root beer floats afterwards. David said they were good, but they needed to learn the proper root beer-to-ice cream ratio. He's a man who knows what he wants in a float.
My own dad had to leave for a business trip th
That's about all I can coax out of my brain about Father'sat very morning, so we invited my mom over for dinner. We had pork souvlaki, rice pilaf, watermelon, and a green salad. It was delightful. My mom brought over delicious frosted brownies. We LOVED them! For days to come! Grandma stayed for a couple of hours, just visiting and playing word games with the kids.
Day. It wasn't the most fantastic day of his life, but I hope David could tell how much we each love him.
The following weekend, David's parents stopped by on their way home from a trip. We used it as on opportunity to celebrate Father's Day AND Grandpa Gee's birthday (both of which occurred while he was on vacation). So we got to celebrate Father's Day TWICE!
| Love this picture! |
| Grandpa is wearing our birthday headband! What a great sport! |
No comments:
Post a Comment