Sunday, March 1, 2015

Stake Conference

Guess what I did on Sunday, January 25th.  I spoke in Stake Conference.  The Sunday session.  In a huge ol' conference center in Bountiful.  It was "weewy wheeky!" (To use Bronson's phrase.)

As part of my New Year's planning/goal making, I decided that I needed to bear my testimony more often.  So I did.  In January.  And the Stake President was there.  And he cornered me after sacrament meeting and asked me to speak in stake conference.  And I said yes.  But in my mind, I was thinking "That's the last time I bear my testimony...ever..."  Just kidding.

The conference was wonderful.  Elder Jorge T. Beccera of the seventy was there.  I sat on the stand between our Stake Patriarch and his wife and the Ogden Temple President and his wife.  It was pretty neat.  Just a few days before, I had been in the Ogden temple doing one of the middle-of-the-night cleaning assignments, so we had a nice time talking about that.

My talk was in the middle of the conference instead of the first.  I was hoping to get it over with early, but I had to suffer for a few more minutes than I had expected.  I was asked to spend five minutes telling the story of my conversion.  So I did.  It was more like a pre-written testimony than anything, but that's what my assignment was.  I don't know if it was any good, but several people told me that I looked totally calm up there.  I guess that's all that matters.  At least it's over.  I'm grateful to know that I will not be asked to do that again for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment