On Monday, January 5th at 9:00 am, my dad was sworn in as a Davis County Commissioner. Bronson, Quinton and I were lucky enough to be there. So was David! He worked his schedule around the event. Also attending were my brother David and his wife Jenny. And my mom, of course. Did I really even need to say that? Well, I did - Mom was there.
 |
| Mom and Dad |
 |
| This is Louenda Downs, the commissioner that Dad is replacing. Pure class! Amazing woman!!! And tall to boot! I LOVE her! |
 |
| There's the Jim Smith cheering section. |
That was the first time I'd ever been to a swearing in ceremony. It was interesting. There were probably about 10 people getting sworn in to various offices. My dad was one of the first. I found the whole thing fascinating, but do you know who didn't find it very interesting? Quin. He only made it through with the help of a LOT of baby snack puffs. Bronson wasn't super great either, but Dave wrestled him most of the time so I hardly even noticed.
 |
| Look how captivated the boys are... |
After the ceremony, we ate fancy breakfast refreshments and mingled for a while. I got to meet Dad's new office staff. They seem really sharp! Then, Dad took us up to his new office. It's very nice. Right next to his office is the chamber where they hold their meetings. It looks a lot like a courtroom. Dad and the other commissioners sit up on the bench. Dad's nameplate was already up. Good thing too - he got right to work the moment we left!
 |
| Here's a picture of the new public officers for Davis County. |
.
No comments:
Post a Comment