Thursday, February 12, 2015

Family Portraits

While Dave and Jenny were still in town, we thought it would be a good idea to get a family portrait with the WHOLE Smith gang.  We met at the Union Train Station in Ogden.  Katie's friend, Amy Shaw, is a great photographer and she was nice enough to tackle a project with our crazy family.


I think Amy did a great job, considering what she had to work with!  Post-holiday bloat, little kids including a non-smiley baby, a boy with Autism who had to be restrained so that he wouldn't leave us all, most of us adults who were at their heaviest weight in years and DIDN'T want our picture taken...  Still, we look pretty good, eh?  I can't even begin to tell you how much I love each and every person in that photo!  
Look how old my kids are!  I'm kind of freaking out! 

Cute picture!  I'm sure you're doing the math right now and noticing that almost half of the grand kids are Gee's!

After we were done with our little photo session, we all went to the Union Grill Restaurant.  We were at the Union Station, after all - and we Smith's love our food!   :)   Grandma and Grandpa had given all of their kids a gift card there for Christmas, so they basically paid for it. Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa Smith!  I think it's probably the fanciest restaurant my kids have ever been to.  They were fairly well behaved - more-or-less... from a distance...at least nothing was broken...and we weren't asked to leave, so I'm calling it a win!   And the food!  Oh the food!  I don't get to eat out like I used to and I've always been in love with good restaurants.  This was a special treat for me! I ordered blackened salmon and it was amazing, but the real winner of the day was David and his beef medallions.  I am STILL dreaming about them!

These were taken by David's phone.  Not quite the same quality as the professional portraits, but you still get the idea.  Food!  Glorious food!  Or at least the remains of it.  My dad is wearing sunglasses because he's cool...and also because he had pink eye.

Our group took up several tables,  Scott, Katie, Brian, Kristin,and Katie W.  are behind Quinton and me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment