| Ready to go! I didn't dress up all the way, but I did wear a hat so I got a free sandwich. A big shout out to Alison who did the bulk of the work creating these costumes. |
That day just HAPPENED to be 7-11 (July 11th). That's the day every year that 7-11 gives away free Slurpees. Slurpees are also on my favorite foods list. Kristin and I used to call each other and report which flavors were available at which store. I took the kids to a nearby 7-11 on our way home from lunch. Now, typically 7-11 is a MAD HOUSE on free Slurpee day, but we happened to luck out with our timing. We drove right up to the store, walked in, and got in line. There were two people in front of us. By the time we left 30 seconds later, the line went out the door!! I guess everyone wanted to follow the people dressed up like cows to see what they were doing.
Oh, but the fun doesn't end there. Krispie Kreme was having a huge special that day too! If you bought 1 dozen donuts at regular price, the next ones were only 99 cents. I mean EVERY SINGLE DOZEN after the first were only 99 cents. I exercised extreme restraint and only purchased 3 dozen. I wanted 10. The more you buy, the better the deal, right?
| Don't worry. I froze a bunch and we ate them later. They freeze really well! |


No comments:
Post a Comment