The day after Christmas was not pretty. At all. It started at 2:00 am when I was rudely awakened by a horrible bout of nausea. I usually go to sleep to avoid nausea, but this was so bad, it woke me up! Ughh. I'm not a very dainty vomiter. I'm surprised I didn't wake up the whole family with my heaving. Afterwards, I collapsed back in bed, but I threw up again at least a couple more times that morning. I honestly don't know if it was something I ate, a bug, or just my pregnancy making me much more sensitive to the crappy way I ate on Christmas. Whatever it was, I was miserable.
I had a regularly scheduled doctor's appointment that morning. I called and tried to reschedule it, but the receptionist talked me into coming anyway. I left the kids in Alison's care, knowing that the visit would be very fast and with all the new Christmas toys around, no one would notice I was even gone. I was right. They didn't even miss me.
When I got to the doctor, I told him how sick I had been. First a month of sinus issues, and now this vomiting! He prescribed me some antibiotics and anti-nausea medication. I wasn't too thrilled about the antibiotics. I felt like he wasn't listening to me when I said that the sinus issues were clearing up and I felt like it was a string of different illnesses, not the same one. But I happen to be married to a man who believes that you should either follow your doctor's advice, or get a new doctor if you don't trust him enough to do what he says. So I got my meds.
December 26th was spent almost entirely in bed for me. Luckily the girls were home. They fed their brothers, straightened up the house, put Bronson down for his nap, and turned on videos when needed. It was actually a good day to be bed ridden. There was so much to do around here with all the new toys and goodies, the kids were perfectly happy. David came home that evening and took care of everything for the rest of the day.
At one point in the afternoon, I heard Josh playing in the family room. I asked Alison what he was playing with because it sounded pretty fun. She came back and reported that he was having the time of his life with an empty box. I asked her to get the camera and capture some of his box game.
I woke up the next morning feeling great. Either I had a 24 hour bug that no one else caught, or I needed to be more careful about how and what I ate. (Or the antibiotics were working.) I had another really bad day or two the following week, so who knows what it was. All I know is that I was sure glad for the anti-nausea medication. I used it almost every day for about a week. Also, the antibiotics made me VERY sick in another way! They totally wiped me out (no pun intended) for another week. Several GALLONS of yogurt later, I finally felt pretty good for the first time in a month!
No comments:
Post a Comment