Sunday, January 19, 2014

Suzette's Bridal Shower

Editor's Note:  I think something's going on with my camera.  It's just not taking the kind of pictures it should.  I wonder if a kid messed with the settings or something.  Sorry about the poor quality.  I'll have David take a look at it in the future.

On Saturday, January 4th, the girls and I were invited to a bridal shower for Suzette.  Sue lived in Utah county for several years and she has a TON of friends that live around there.  It was held at the home of her great friend and old roommate, Wendy, who lives in Eagle Mountain.  It was a lovely house and a really fun shower.  It was an open house, so I didn't think we would stay very long, but there were so many great treats and so many people to visit with that I stayed much longer than I should have.

David and Suzette are close in age so they spent a lot of time together over the years. Since David didn't get married until he was a bit older, he hung out with many of Sue's friends.  I felt kind of sorry for him that he couldn't come to the shower because there were so many of his friends there!  I took some pictures and tried to remember all that I talked about with them so that I could fill him in later.



It was also fun to see Aunt Linda and Jodi.  I had a great time talking with them.  I missed them both over the holidays, so it was fun to catch up a little.  There were also friends from Sugar City who live in Utah now, some old teaching coworkers, and a couple of relatives as well.  What a fun bunch!  And all of us love Suzette!  She's pretty special to all of us.  What an amazing person you have to be to have so many amazing people think you are an amazing person.  Wow, that was deep.



Wendy had the most delicious spread laid out over two tables!  One table had chicken salad croissants, chips and dip, fruit, etc.  Another was filled with a million different desserts.  We ate and visited and watched Sue open some presents.  The girls went downstairs after a while. Wendy set up a video for them.  I'm ashamed to admit they finished the entire video before I was ready to leave.



I think Suzette had a great time seeing so many of her friends and family.  She received some fabulous presents!  It was a great day.  I've said before how happy I am that Suzette and Kory found each other.  It makes me very happy to see her so in love and so at peace with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment