Monday, January 6, 2014

A Very Event-Full Saturday Part II

The morning festivities in Salt Lake City were wonderful, but they were only the start of our day.  In the afternoon, our girls had their piano recital.  It was held at our local library.  Their teacher only has about six or seven students, so it went very fast.  Both girls did a great job.  They both had little slip-ups (Alison did wonderful with the number she was stressed out over, and slipped on the song she could play in her sleep.  Isn't that always the way?), but I think they both did amazing!  I've never had the experience of playing in a recital.  I think my heart would explode.  I admire both of my girls for their hard work and bravery.
Alison playing.  I brought my camera, but left the battery charging at home. Argh!  So these blurry pictures came from Dave's cell phone.

Nicole's performance.

We picked up a pizza on the way home because that's all we had time for.  Soon after, our baby sitter arrived.  The boys stayed home with her.  The girls came with David and me to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir's Christmas Concert.  Can you believe we even got tickets?!?!  It's impossible to get tickets to that thing!  You have to put your name in a raffle in October!  Well, lucky me, I won this year!!!

We parked a block or two away, so we walked through Temple Square on the way to the conference center.  It was lovely, of course.  And crowded, of course.
While Alison and I waited for the other two to find the restrooms, we admired this lovely glass fountain. 

We had to be in our seats at least a half hour early.  We were so lucky to have amazing seats on the plaza.  Closest I've ever been!

I took a picture of the stage, but it didn't turn out. I wish you could have seen it!  There was a whole town up there, along with trees, lights, the orchestra and the choir.  


This year's special guests were Deborah Voight (An operatic soprano - whoa!) and John Reys-Davies (The dwarf in Lord of the Rings or Sallah in Indiana Jones - ahhhhhh!)  They were both AMAZING!!! I can't really even describe how fantastic it was to sit there and take in the whole experience.  The voices, the orchestra, the bell choir, the dancing, the lighting and other effects!  It was pure magic!

By the time the concert ended, we'd walked back to the van, and driven home, it was 11:00 at night.  What an amazing, memorable, festive day from start to finish!



No comments:

Post a Comment