| "Thank you! Thank you!" |
In the early afternoon, we went to the movies! How fun! The only thing was, David didn't want to see the movie that the rest of us wanted to watch. So I took all four kids to Monsters University. Twenty minutes later, David saw World War Z in the next theater over. Our show got over a few minutes before his did, so the kids and I played a round of miniature golf and played a few arcade games. They had a blast!
While David and the boys napped at Grandma and Grandpa's house, the girls and I went over to Shawn and Amy's house to play. Kristi and her crew came over as well. There was some talk of playing in their pond, but I wasn't too sure if all the moms knew about it, so I didn't worry about Nicole bringing her swim suit. Alison insisted that she bring hers. Sure enough, when we got there, all of the kids wanted to swim. Nicole resisted for a little while, but soon jumped in fully clothed. It was funny to see her pants stretched out past her feet when she finally came out. It was so fun to sit on the porch with Amy and Kristi and watch our kids splashing and squealing and having a perfect, summery, cousin-y moment.
For dinner, we made the chili that we'd planned on eating while camping, but never got around to. Then, I took the girls to a play at the high school. Earlier in the month, Alison's BFF from Rexburg wrote her a letter explaining that she was in a youth production of Aladin. We just happened to be in town on the right night, so of course, we went. I saw dozens of old friends and neighbors while we were in line buying tickets and I knew several of the performers from our old ward and school. The play was adorable and we all had a lot of fun. What a great night! David was perfectly happy to stay at his parents house, put the boys to bed and read all night. He loves to visit his parents's house and rummage through all his dad's books.

What a fun trip! You guys did a lot. I love Yellowstone too!
ReplyDelete