Gotta love Independence Day! It's the ultimate summer day. Plus its only four days before my birthday.
We planned on hitting the Kaysville parade like we had the year before. We even set a blanket out along the parade route the day before. But at the last minute, we discovered that Aunt Katie (Smith) was going to be IN the Riverdale parade. That made us want to go there instead. When we learned that the Riverdale Parade was at 9:00am instead of scorching-hot 11:00 like Kaysville, our minds were made up. We drove to Riverdale!
 |
| Waiting for the parade to start. I love David putting sunscreen on his feet in the background. |
The parade was short, it wasn't very hot, and the kids got TONS of candy! I think we found a new favorite parade! It was fun to see Katie, but I was so busy talking to her I forgot to take her picture. Bummer. I guess she had a horrible time getting everything set up and put in order for this parade. Some of the people who were supposed to be in the float got dropped off at the wrong location and she had to drive around town to get them. Once she got back to the parade, the police had blocked off the road and wouldn't let her pass through to get to her float. She tried to explain that she had a car full of 90 year old hospice patients, some of whom were on oxygen, and she couldn't make them walk to the float, but the cop wouldn't budge. Finally, she said, "Fine, I'm just going to pull up here and turn around." He said, "Okay," and let her through. Katie drove up, then just kept on driving all the way to the float! HA! That rebel!!! I'm so proud of her for doing what had to be done, dumb cop! I don't think Katie will be doing any more parades for a while.
 |
| I think I have a picture just like this from every single year, but I love it so much! |
 |
| Bronson was not a fan of loud horns. He came running every time he heard one. |
 |
| David got a free roll of toilet paper from a plumber. Good idea, I thought. |
 |
| The kids and their loot. |
In the afternoon, we went to the pool. I didn't realize that there's a party going on there on the 4th of July. They had decorations, games, free snow cones, etc. We had a great time!
 |
| Free snow cones! |
 |
| Joshua! |
 |
| Nicole! |
 |
| Alison! |
 |
| Bronson, Dad, and Nicole! |
We went straight from the pool to my parents house for a barbecue with my whole family. Later in the evening, Grandma Church, Aunt Sue, and my cousin Paul came to watch the fire works. David and Bronson didn't stay for the late night festivities, but the rest of us did. We watched the neighborhood fireworks, ate tons of treats, visited, and played with glow in the dark necklaces until the big fire work show began. By the time it started, Josh was so wound up and sugared up that he hardly watched the show. He just played and played and played.
 |
| Hot dogs and watermelon = All-American! |
 |
| Happy Fourth of July, Adam! |
 |
| Payton, Nicole, Paul's daughter Sydney, Joshua, Grandpa, Paige, McKenna's hair, Ali's legs. |
 |
| Watching the neighborhood fire works. |
 |
| Brian put on quite a show for us! |
 |
| Jenny, Grandma Church, Megan, Sydney, Aunt Sue, Scot W and Kristin in the background, and Paul all waiting for the big show. |
You forgot about the neighborhood search party for Adam. Easily in the top 5 most terrifying moments of my life.
ReplyDeleteI just spent some time catching up on your blog. Fun family vacation - we will have to try that one sometime! And I liked your blog about deciding about having your baby. He/she? will be a lucky child indeed. I know we are excited to meet him or her! And thanks for sending part of your family this direction on Saturday. It was so great to have them here!!
ReplyDelete