First of all, we went for a short walk on a nearby bike path. It is a huge trail that runs from Bountiful all the way to Ogden and beyond. We hooked up in Layton, near Gentile, and walked for a half hour or so. Nicki brought her bike and Josh brought his scooter, so they were way ahead of us most of the time. Bronson meanders at his own pace and dares any of us to have a problem with it. That kid..... Alison was still recovering from her surgery and got very tired very fast, so we kept it short and sweet, but at least we got out and did something together.
I can't remember doing anything special during the day. Dave went to work and I likely laid on my bed while the kids played with the neighborhood gang.
That afternoon, Nicole and I went to the Layton Taste Of The Town event that my dad is in charge of. David stayed home with the rest of the crew and ordered pizza. Nicki and I had a BLAST on our little mother-daughter-date!!! We met some family there and spread out our blankets. Then we got busy with the serious business of eating. I wish I had taken pictures of all the delicious food there! We ate shrimp, Cordon Bleu, tri-tip, Indian curry, sandwiches, Chick-Fil-A nuggets, salads, tarts, cheeses, snow cones, cotton candy, and much much more! I had recently discovered that sugar makes me very sick (I wonder if I had that problem with all my other pregnancies but never realized it) and that if I avoid it and load up on protein, my morning sickness is much more manageable. So I let Nicki eat all the sugary stuff. That's HARD for a sugar addict like me! But this is about the only thing in the world that I COULD stop eating sugar for, so it's been a good thing. Anyway, back to the food. I was feeling pretty good, and I even found a booth selling essential oil-infused water. They gave me a ginger drink to help with morning sickness. We walked around and got lots of free coupons, stickers, water bottles, Frisbees, etc. In the end, I was stuffed, but I still had a few tickets left, so I let Nicki get her face painted. She was such a beauty!
| Eating a snow cone and cotton candy. |
| Kris, Gpa, Payton, Kristin's cooler, and Gma watching some jets fly by. |
| Scott and Katie. |
| Pretty Princess. Hey, that lady in the background is in our ward! Dave's their home teacher. I didn't even see her there. |
What a fun night! I went home feeling stuffed and a little gross, but I woke up the next morning totally bummed that I hadn't brought anything home to eat later! Maybe next year, I'll pack a cooler full of empty Tupperware containers like my sister Kristin does!
No comments:
Post a Comment