Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Lovely Surprise

Ask me my favorite flower and I won't hesitate to answer.  Tulips.  They have been for as long as I can remember.  They're so pretty and simple and joyful!  So imagine my surprise when on my first spring in Utah, I discovered that our house is surrounded in HUNDREDS of tulips! HUNDREDS!  Big, bright, beautiful ones!  Most of them are yellow, but the side of our house has several colors mixed in.



It has been such a joy for me all spring long to see these beautiful flowers!  I consider it a tender mercy of the Lord that the house I bought in Utah would be bursting with my favorite pick-me-up!  I kept a vase of tulips on the entry table for over a month.  Each time I walked past my table, I'd smile. 
 
 
 
Then on about May 1st, a wind storm blew all the petals off, leaving behind just a bunch of empty stems sticking up out of the ground. Oh well. It was fantastic while it lasted, and I've got next spring to look forward to.
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is AWESOME!! What a great surprise - I would have loved to see it!

    ReplyDelete