Stake Conference was this past weekend. David went to the leadership session, then stayed home with the kids so I could go to the Saturday night session (with the baby, of course). I love the adult session because I can focus so much more. On Sunday morning, I decided that I'd rather tackle getting all four kids to church by myself than tackle two hours of conference on hard, loud, movable metal chairs. I sent David an hour early to save a bench for us. I speak from experience when I say its better for everyone if Josh is penned in. I'm glad I did. He actually made it about an hour and twenty minutes before he had to leave. Both girls made it through the whole thing. That's a huge success for our little family!
It was nice to be home from church and still have the day ahead of us. We had a nice brunch. Then the girls played quietly (miracle!) while the rest of us took a nap. Afterwards, we all drove to Idaho Falls to visit my friend, Jeanette, in a nursing home. I wish I had better news about her recovery, but at least she is making small improvements. I enjoyed visiting with her parents and her son Devon, whom I hadn't seen since the accident.
 |
| She loves babies. It's a pretty big deal that she's in a chair and holding her head up. |
We came home and had grilled steaks! Grilled! Do you hear me? Grilled!! They were fabulous! Then we visited Grandma Shirley. I don't say enough about our weekly visits, but they are such an important part of our lives. I look forward to visiting with family each week and the kids can't wait to share their weekly news with Grandma, play with their cousins and eat delicious treats. I hope we never take the tradition of Sunday night visits for granted.
 |
| I think Caden was eating or something, so he hid from me. Where's Isabelle? |
 |
| Look at how happy Bronson is! |
I didn't even notice you taking these pictures, you sly dog, you.
ReplyDelete