Thursday, April 28, 2011

Big Fat Goats

It is not a fun time to be a goat around here!  We bred our two little girls, Licorice and Clover out this January.  They are very large and uncomfortable.  They sprawl out on the ground and sigh a lot.  When I come to see them, they don't always get up (which is unusual - they usually come running as soon as the back door opens).  They just lie there and grunt under their breath at me.  Now, I don't speak goat, but it's not hard for me to imagine what they're saying to me.  Man!  I feel for them!


"We are not amused!"
 They're huge, too!  And by our calculations, they have at least six more weeks to go.  I honestly don't know how they'll get any bigger!  Of course the good news is Clover is too miserable to head butt the kids any more.  That's one good thing.

I wish I could tell them to enjoy it while they can because after the kids get here, they won't get any rest!

1 comment:

  1. All of your baby animal posts are making me wish for spring even more!

    I know this is not a good attitude, but after all that I know that I go through to have children, I look at our animals (cats at this point) and say, "poor things. Let's get something done for them so that they don't have to go through all of that!" After all, they don't even get the reward of keeping their babies!

    ReplyDelete