Monday, January 23, 2023

Some Random Pictures

So I obviously have very few pictures from the month that I was in bed dying.  But here are the few that I have:

**************************************************


One of the worst parts about having neuropathy is that sometimes I will be going about my normal day and I'll look down to find something like this.  I have no idea how it happens. I just find myself bleeding, or a huge blister, etc.  It's happened more than once.  I have to visually inspect my feet daily.

**************************************************************



While I was sick, our neighbor Easton invited Quinton over to make a cute teddybear cupcake craft.  His mom, Melanie sent this photo to me a few minutes later.  Quinton's cupcake looks a little more....um....abstract than Easton's.  Ha ha! 

********************************************************



One day, Quinton's class had a Spanish fiesta. He wore a red bandana with his white shirt and looked super dapper.  He's the one on the left in the middle row.  

***************************************************************


One night when I was super sick, my brother Dave called and said that he wanted to feed my family dinner.  He took everyone's orders and brought them food from Burly Burger!  I mean, full-sized meals and giant shakes!!! I don't even want to imagine how expensive it was for him! But it was so thoughtful! Everyone was so excited for their Burly Burger picnic on the floor.  What a kind, generous thing to do! 

*******************************************************


Quinton needed to get a cavity filled in February. He is pretty funny when he is on laughing gas.  He is always very quiet and stoic around people he doesn't know. The laughing gas didn't really change that. If anything, it made him even more stoic.  But, he did raise his hands slowly off the armrests of the chair and start performing a flowy, hula-like dance with them in the air when he thought no one was looking.

************************************************************

I olny have three pictures of Valentine's Day. I had planned on being in surgery for my thyroid and not really celebrating, but my illness bumped that back a little ways. So I was home after all and recovering from pneumonia.

David surprised me by giving me a huge, soft, Minky Coture blanket.  When he gave it to me, I bawled my eyes out!  I'm not sure if that was the effect he was expecting it to have on me, but I was so grateful and touched! It was beautiful, unbelieveably soft, expensive, and the most thoughtful, timely gift I've ever recieved! I probably didn't do anything for him. I was a loser that month, I tell ya!


The other two pictures I have from Valentine's Day are of food (shocker). One is of a tray of Sushi from our local grocery store.  Sushi is kind of a love language for most of the people in this family.


The other is of our traditional heart shaped pizza from Papa Murphy's. It just wouldn't be Valentine's Day without it.

*************************************************************

This one doens't have a photo to go along with it, but I want to keep it in our family history.  One day while I was lying in bed with pneumonia, I overheard Bronson and Quinton in the other room.  They were being kind of snippy with each other - not really fighting, but certainly not being kind to each other either.  Quinton said something (I don't remember what) and Bronson retorted with, "Sucks to be you, Quin." I wasn't thrilled with this kind of talk and honestly, I expected Quinton to say something rude back. Then it would escalate into a full blown fight within a matter of minutes as usual.  Instead, Quinton quickly replied, "Actually, Bron, it doesn't suck to be me. I have a really good life." And the fight ended there. Basically, I'd witnessed a miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment