Monday, July 6, 2020

Quinton's Sacrament Meeting Antics

If there is one word to describe Quinton's personality, I think it is "large."  He is just so honest, confident, loud and unique - it's hilarious. And in no place is Q's large personality more evident than in a quiet, reverent sacrament meeting.

(We don't have any pictures of sacrament meeting.)

One Sunday, he loudly pointed out the Primary chorister sitting a few rows back.  The boy simply can't whisper.  So he pointed at her and rather loudly said, "She had that flower shirt on last week too.  I think she's up to something!"

Almost every week, we have to shush him as the sacrament is being passed. The problem is, Quinton hates bread!  I mean, he HATES it!  If he ever catches a whiff of yeast smell as the bread tray passes by him, he'll gag and start yelling, "Gross!" Bless his heart, he tries once every six months or so.  He decides that he's a big boy and it's important to take the sacrament and it's not about the taste, etc.  But every time he tries, he almost dies.  He just really hates bread! And everyone in our ward knows it, thanks to his loud voice.  

Q-ball hates bread, but he loves bagels with cream cheese.  One week, as the bread was passing, he said to me, "Mom!  I have an idea!  I will eat the bread if you bring cream cheese and a knife in your bag!"  Ha ha ha! That wouldn't be sacrilegious,(sacr-elicious) would it?!?!?  I really don't know what will happen in Q's future.  David says that we'll just let it slide until he gets baptized.  If he STILL has an issue with bread then, maybe we'll have to discuss gluten-free options.  


No comments:

Post a Comment