Sunday, April 26, 2020

A Lovely Morning

At the end of April, I learned that the Red Butte Garden in Salt Lake City was having an Earth Day celebration.  I am ALWAYS open for a celebration, so I packed Quinton into the van, and we went right over!


 I had never been to the Red Butte Gardens before.  All I can say is, I was really missing out!  They're amazing! Look at this amazing pot!  And that's just one pot!  In April!

 It was so pretty, Quin and I had to pose in front of it!  Quinton is holding a tree sapling, which they were giving away.  Sadly, it didn't live very long at our home.

 It was a beautiful, blossomy day!
 Quinton had an absolute blast wandering around and exploring the gardens.  There were so many cool things!
 Look at Quinton climbing under a waterfall by the lillypad pond!
 And this kid's garden had a winding "dragon" that kids could go inside!!! It was covered in vines.
 I bet the "dragon" would be super cool in the summer when these vines leaf out - I could barely see him when they were bare!

 And what are these Geckos all about? I don't know, but they're fun for kids to climb on!

 Quinton took a picture of me with my tree.
And what a pretty view of the Salt Lake Valley!  One problem for me on this outing was that the whole garden in set on a hill.  It is in the foothills of Salt Lake City. I was still dealing with a pretty low blood levels, so this was a serious WORKOUT for me! But it was SO worth it!  They are beautiful gardens!!! And I LOVE gardens!

No comments:

Post a Comment