Sunday, January 27, 2019

NIcki's Birthday

We sure love Nicki around here.  She is a source of a lot of joy for us (and a lot of sorrow too). 😉 She is just so dang cool!  I think it's fun to have a birthday that almost always falls on spring break because we always get to par-tay all day!

She opened her presents in the morning before Dad left for work.  She got some cool stuff. One of her favorite things was a giant bag of Takis (those super spicy tortilla chip things - ew).
Then we all got cleaned up and went to Baby Animal Days  at the American West Heritage Center in Logan.   It was such a fun way to spend a spring day!  SO many cute babies everywhere!!!  Even a baby zebra and a baby camel!





Next, we drove to Willow Park in Logan and enjoyed a picnic lunch.  I used to go to Willow Park when I lived in Logan as a third grader.  It was fun for Grandma and I to watch all five kids playing together.


The rest of the day was filled with pretty typical stuff like kid's soccer practices, etc.  Nicki didn't have a traditional birthday cake.  She opted for ice cream I think.

The next night, some of her friends decided to throw a little low-key surprise party for her.  How cute are they?  Hooray for super good friends and Flamingo cakes!


1 comment:

  1. My kids love Takis too. And Kory and I went to that place in Logan one weekend and that it was cool--of course we were the only adults there without kids...

    ReplyDelete