I'm very behind writing about our year, and to be honest I can't remember too many details about Mothers' Day. I do know that it wasn't the best day for me. Something wasn't super great about it, but since I don't remember what it was, it must not have been too big of a deal.
I do remember this: The Smith girls went on their annual Mother's Day dinner. We ate at Twig's Bistro. The food was amazing!
Afterwards wen went shopping at Station Park. We had a ton of fun. At one point, Katie was literally lying on the ground in tears because she was laughing so hard at Kristin's high-heeled flower boots (and the leprechaun dance she performed to go along with them).
I remember David taking me to the movies on the night before Mother's Day. I can't remember what we saw.
Mother's Day morning is also a bit fuzzy. However, I did take time to write down one conversation that took place during our morning scripture study:
Dave: "Who knows what's different about today?"
Nicole: "It's Mothers' Day."
David: "Right. And what do we do on Mother's Day?"
Quinton: "We make stuff for Mom! But we never make stuff for mom on other days!"
Pretty much nailed it, Quinton! I did get some lively presents from my three boys throughout the day. Things like old toys they didn't want, change they found in the couch cushions, and food from our storage room. 😆 And of course plenty of love notes and artwork. They really try hard to make me feel special.
The boys Primary presidency did the cutest thing at church! They sent our kids home with a bag of Peanut M&Ms and a note about how to play a "Mom & Me" game with them. It let me spend one-on-one time with each of my boys. We took turns pulling out an M&M and depending on what color we chose, we had to answer a question. Blue = Name something you love about the other person. Brown = What is one of your favorite places to travel or somewhere you want to travel? etc.
Spending that time with each of my boys was probably the highlight of my Mothers' Day. Like I said, I don't really remember much else. That's probably partly because it wasn't very eventful and partly because the next day kind of overshadowed it. Stay tuned...







No comments:
Post a Comment