Sunday, July 9, 2017

Mothers' Day 2017

I am SUPER behind on writing about Mothers' Day.  It was so long ago, I hardly remember it!  Shame on me! I will try to do better.  My only excuse is that I've been too busy living my life to stop and write about it.  


I may not remember all the details, but I know my Mothers' Day was great!  I was awakened by Bronson bringing me the first of many home made cards and pictures.  Josh followed not far behind.  I received many wonderful gifts from David and the kids.  Church was nice and all the women were given Utah Truffle bars (yum!).

David captured this cute moment of Josh and Nicole hanging out together.
At this phase of their lives, they don't always get along with each other.  So here's proof that sometimes they actually enjoyed each other's company. Maybe it was a gift to me - it certainly warmed my Mother's heart.
Everyone went to great lengths to make sure I never lifted a finger all day long. Everything was done for me, and in such a lovely fashion too!  Not only did I get the "You're Special" plate, but Alison folded our napkins into fancy boats.   
Dinner was outrageously good (I might have helped a little bit)!  We had salmon, salad, broccoflower, strawberries, wild rice, and bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  Everything tasted perfect!
After dinner, we went to Katie's house for dessert.  We had a couple of different types of homemade ice cream and some cookies.  It was so fun!

L-R: My mom (the best mother of all) Scot's Mom, Marie Wahlquist (I think she's flanked by Megan and Scot's sister, but I can't tell because you can't see them), Adam, Katie, Kristin's skirt and hair, but I'm covering her, me, and Nicole.  


Scot and Scott.  I'm not sure what they were talking about, but I'm sure it was funny.
Brian looking less thrilled than I'm sure he really was. I asked David to take a few pictures of the festivities.  Leave it to Dave to take pictures of all the MEN at our Mothers' Day party.  Ha ha! 


I love these two pictures of Grandpa and Bronson deep in conversation.

They have such a cute friendship.

Sisters!  And Mothers!  And daughters to the same amazing mom!

And here is a picture of me with all the Mothers' Day cards I accumulated over the course of the day.  I wish you could see some of them.  They were very sweet and thoughtful.  Some (like the one from Ali) made me cry.  Others (like some of the ones from Bronson) made me laugh.  All of them made me feel loved.  

No comments:

Post a Comment